Safer Essex has the strategic lead for co-ordinating the partnership response to community safety issues and initiatives across Essex, Southend and Thurrock and acts as the county-wide Strategy Group for community safety.
Safer Essex brings together key partner organisations / stakeholders to work jointly and effectively to facilitate a collaborative approach between agencies and partnerships in delivering the following community safety outcomes:
- Prevent crime and anti-social behaviour
- Prevent fires from happening
- Understand and tackle hate crime
- Understand and tackle violence, including violence against women and girls
- Improve community confidence in the multi-agency response to community safety issues
- Continue to deliver effective Community Safety Hubs across Greater Essex
Safer Essex is responsible for:
- Overseeing and coordinating community safety activity across Greater Essex
- Carrying out a high-level, overarching county-wide Strategic Assessment which brings together the assessments carried out by local community safety partnerships (CSPs).
- Developing a county-wide Community Safety Agreement, in alignment with the priorities developed by local community safety partnerships and other strategic partnerships.
- Raising awareness of current and planned activities of Community Safety Partnerships and networks and identifying opportunities for added value.
- Sharing information and learning to improve community safety.
- Ensuring awareness and understanding of new legislation and initiatives.
- Working with other boards, sharing information and complementing their work and agendas.
- Scrutinising progress in delivering all five assets within the Crime Prevention Strategy, and providing the governance for assets 4 (“We will support Safer Essex to realise partnership capabilities and capacity”) and 5 (“We will support ECVS to unlock community potential, develop and deliver community led solutions”).
- Supporting the delivery of the “Live Safe” workstream within the Essex Fire Prevention Strategy.
For more information contact email@example.com