Leading Greater Essex 2024
The seventh Leading Greater Essex programme will commence in February 2024 with applications now open.
We're looking for the county's most promising leaders. If you’re ready to be a catalyst for change within your organisation and across Essex, Southend & Thurrock this programme could be your opportunity to shape the future!
The Leading Greater Essex programme is looking to create collaborative leaders that will shape future services by seeing issues not in Police, health or council silos, but instead as common challenges that we need to work on together. The Leading Greater Essex programme is ambitious, innovative, enabling, action-orientated and will enable you to build a valuable support network for your continued development.
The programme will deliver for the individual, organisation and the whole Essex system by:
- Developing future leaders and building their skills and system-leadership thinking
- Expanding expertise to support organisation’s ambitions
- Delivering outcomes for local people through practical work on whole system challenges
- Creating collaborative networks and effective partnerships to shape the future.
Programme delivery approach
- Programme runs from February to November. 8 all-day in-person events averaging once a month. 4 two-hour online group coaching sessions. In total 65 hours of structured learning time, plus work on your system challenge
- In person group learning will include input from programme leaders and guest speakers, small group exercises and discussion focused on developing knowledge and skills through experiential learning.
- Online group coaching sessions will support participants to reflect with peers as they apply their learning in practice throughout the programme.
- System Challenges allow you to apply your learning to real world live issues facing Essex, working with a sponsor from the Essex system and a group of peers.
Creating system leaders
More than 350 leaders have already successfully completed Leading Greater Essex since 2016 and are now applying their learning within their place of work, operating as effective system leaders. Participants graduate feeling more confident, motivated, and self-aware having developed a sector-wide support network.
They report a greater understanding of the impact successful whole system collaboration can achieve and have an increased sense of shared ownership and accountability towards solving the county’s critical issues, as well as more trust in their partners to achieving collaborative leadership.
Since completing the programme a number of the participants have progressed into more senior roles within leadership in Greater Essex.
Leading Greater Essex is recruiting emerging leaders that reflect the diversity and geography of public services in Essex, Southend and Thurrock. Each programme will support up to 70 leaders to operate confidently and effectively across organisational boundaries by providing 10 months of whole system leadership development.
Who can apply:
- People in a senior and/or strategic role in any public or voluntary sector organisation serving Greater Essex.
- People who are curious about change and keen to learn and challenge themselves as well as contribute to the learning of others.
- People who are passionate about making a difference to improve outcomes for the people of Greater Essex.
- People who have the support of their employer to participate, including participant fee of £2,000.
- People who can fit the programme schedule into their work schedule.
*You must email email@example.com to express interest in applying for LGE 2024 and have sponsorship from a senior member of staff before applying*