How do I apply?
You can apply directly to be part of the #LGE2019 cohort, or you can be nominated by a senior leader, but everyone who applies will need to have the confirmed support of a senior leader in their organisation. The programme is designed to be ‘stretchy’ (i.e. deliberately take you beyond your comfort zone), so we want everyone to be sure that they are ready and up for the level of challenge involved.
To apply, you need to answer 4 short questions that help us know a bit more about you and who is supporting your application. Applications close on 24 April 2019.
There will be 50 places available in 2019-20. We want the cohort to involve people who have real appetite for learning in collaboration with others, and who between them provide a good balance of participation across agencies in the Essex system. If there is an over-subscription, selection will be made on this basis.
As a reminder you will need to be a leader who:
- Is driven by a moral purpose to serve the communities of Essex
- Is able to step back and make connections to the wider picture
- Is able/willing to operate in ambiguity
- Is comfortable not knowing, and who has a high appetite for learning
- Is able/keen to influence beyond your authority
- Demonstrates openness (in thinking, in learning, in doing)
- Has personal qualities of patience, tenacity, resilience and reflexivity.
- Are you able to commit the 10 days of cohort time and up to 2-4 additional days-worth of time that #LGE2019 requires? (yes or no)
- Does a senior leader in your organisation agree that you would enjoy and benefit from participating in #LGE2019? (if yes, who?)
- Are you up for the disruptive stretch of this programme? How do you think you will respond to being out of your comfort zone?
- To help us understand more about you, what is the question you are asking, or the thing/s you are wondering about that you believe this programme might help you find answers for?
Please complete the online application form
Applications must be received by 17:00 on April 24th
If you have any questions, get in touch with email@example.com