Celebrating ecda's first year
It’s been a year already!
In 2019 the Essex Centre for Data Analytics (ecda) began its journey to create shared insight that enables Essex to take preventative action on some of the biggest challenges facing people and places in our county and further build on the successful completion of the Essex Data three year pilot.
Over the past year we have been working hard to lay strong foundations and create a data environment that will accelerate whole system data collaboration in the future.
In just one year we have achieved lots to be proud of across our three pillars: Data + People + Action.
We’ve brought people together to:
- Create a core ecda team and supporting team from ECC, Essex Police and the University of Essex
- Connect data scientists and analysts countywide to launch the Be Part Of the Equation network
- Forge valuable partnerships with councils, hospitals, Fire and Rescue, OPPFC, DataKind UK, Essex charities and mental health providers.
- We’ve been touring the UK, meeting colleagues and sharing what we’ve learned.
Through analysing data and generating insight we’ve helped to:
- Promote more active lifestyles throughout Essex
- Identify and support vulnerable young people
- Create shared intelligence to enable safer business practices
- Bring together health and social care data for the first time.
Listening and working together with Essex citizens we have:
- Expanded research and engagement and implemented residents’ focus groups, 7 in 10 citizens tell us they are happy with data sharing for social good
- Established an independent data ethics committee to welcome new skills, knowledge and expertise to ecda
- Implemented a new cloud-based data sharing platform that is safe, secure and accessible to Essex partners to accelerate our future work together
- Advanced the county’s data science and analytics capabilities
- Instigated new projects on a range of themes to amplify all the good work that is taking place to tackle homelessness, avoidable A&E attendance, gang violence and domestic abuse.
And the best thing? We’re just getting started.
Page updated 08/07/20