Supporting communities in building civic pride and social capital
Loneliness is seen as a key and growing issue in Essex. A partnership approach with strong community involvement is envisaged as a key way to address this issue.
Our three ambitions:
- Partners and Communities have a better understanding of the benefits of building Social Capital the impact of loneliness and how to help each other
- There is a range of community led support to build on Community Assets and build capacity to support people to live well
- People in Essex are proud of the place they live and are better connected to it.
- Modelling key drivers for Community Participation
- Deep Dive Research into Social Capital Indicators in Essex relating to a range of aspects of 'social capital‘ including 'feeling part of the community', 'knowing neighbours', 'influencing decisions’ and ‘feeling ‘happy’
- Best Practice Literature Review to be delivered.
What will have changed in six months
- Using existing capacity we will build on successful initiatives such as Community Action Zones and Micro-volunteering
- Launch of #EssexandProud Call to Action Campaign
- Publication of Essex VCS map of both formal and informal community support
- Launch of local place based Community Chest
Bishop Roger Morris
Cllr Howard Rolfe, Uttlesford
Page updated 31/08/18